1. For the readers that don’t know you’re the wonderful author of “Once is Never Enough.” What made you write that book and is there a sequel in the future?
What made me write Once Is Never Enough? Good question, I actually started writing that story originally in 1998. In fact I still have the notebook that I wrote in on in long hand:). The story itself has been revamped slightly from that version but I always wanted it to just be a scathingly erotic adventure. I hadn’t at that point ever read a novel where the two main characters had enough passion for me. So the novella was a bit experimental, it was my first and I wanted to see what I could do. I think it turned out beautifully. Even though it’s a short story the characters passion is molten hot and that’s just what I wanted it to be, two people that don’t know each other but have this irresistible attraction. The sequel is in progress.
2. What is your favorite part about your writing routine? Is there one thing you have to do before you can start a book?
Most often I don’t do research or outlines with my books. I am a bit reckless and unorganized that way but most often the characters make up the plot as the story goes
along just reacting to each other. One thing I love to do though is make Soundtracks for each of my stories on my MP3. That’s a bit of a guilty pleasure.
3. If you could pick any of your males to come to life who would it be and why?
Just one? That’s so mean! LOL. I don’t know if I could choose between Zenya and Simon ... they’re both blond and positively devastating! I would have to have them both.
4. Out of all of the books you have written which is your hottest? And who is your favorite hero and heroine?
That I think would be a tie between Once Is Never Enough and Nineteen for hottest story. My fav hero and heroine would be Zenya and Toni, they have such amazing chemistry and they’ve been with me so long:)
5. Do enjoy writing love scenes?
I do, but it’s kind of a double edged sword. With Once, it was my first book so essentially I could do whatever I wanted. It came out so good and so now I compare each of my new scenes to Toni and Zenya. I try to be as detailed and explicit as possible with my love scenes, and they tend to go on for pages. So its a challenge to keep it new,
because it always has to be new.
6. I heard that you signed book contracts with Ocean’s Mist Press and Venus Press how excited are you about that?
Very, all three are projects I completed last year, each is very different. Nineteen is a contemporary menage. A Sorta Fairytale is my first fantasy/romantic comedy and Dark Knight is a somewhat gothic paranormal, so it will be interesting to hear people’s reactions. I’m looking forward to it.
7. What made you decide to become a writer of interracial romances?
All throughout my teens I wrote romances, subtly, or perhaps not so subtly I found my heroes were not AA. I have a thing for white guys though, always have, and I love romance novels so I guess it was only a matter of time. I love it though and I will continue to write them, even if they never become ‘mainstream’
8. Is there one of your characters that you feel you relate to the best?
I think there is a little of me in all of my characters, even it’s just 1%. The character that I based most on myself was Lorna from Foreign Exchange.
9. There’s no doubt that you’re going to be a hot up and coming author with the way you can draw a reader into your books. So, who do you think is going to join you in those same ranks?
There are lots of great writers out there: Shiree McCarver, Marie Rochelle, Shelly Laurenston, Jade James, Anisa Damien. In fact all of them have more books published and or contracts than me at the moment :o I better step up my game!
10. Your time. Tell us anything you want. What new books are you working on? Do you have a blog? Webpage? What’s does the future hold for Ms. Cade?
I am doing my first chat Wednesday evening July 5 at The Romance Studio at 9 pm.
I will talk about everything so hopefully plenty will show up. I am working on my free read
Beyond Fantasy:Tequila Sunrise, its bbw with a Latin hero. I am doing edits for two projects and doing my best to finish Once Is Never Enough Part 2, Toni and Zenya are being stubborn. After that I hope to start daring to do full length novels only.