Sunday, January 27, 2008

With All My Heart Excerpt...

Taking a deep breath, Rayne looked at him for a few minutes before she blurted out her question. “Did you really break-up with Lisa because you thought you were in love with me. I’ve heard the rumors around the clinic about how you were going to get married until I came along.”
“I don’t want you to put your life on hold for me when I can’t offer you anything in return. You’re a handsome, sweet and successful and deserve a woman that can be at your side with her mind intact. You aren’t going to get that with me.”
If it was possible, Rayne just made him fall more in love with her. She was thinking about him instead of herself. How could he not want to be with her? She had to understand that a person didn’t have a say in when love would hit them right between the eyes. He was falling in love with her more and more each day and he wasn’t about to lose that unless he had to.
“Rayne, I’m here with you because I care about you. Some people might think it isn’t love or it’s too soon for those words, but I don’t.” Jason insisted. “The first time I laid eyes on you I knew you were meant to be with me.”
“But if I’m not…” She interjected.
Reaching across the table Jason pressed a finger to her mouth. “Shhh…we aren’t going to discuss what’s going on with you right now. We’re going to enjoy each day we have together. Until I know differently you’re my girlfriend and I’m not about to let you go until I know I’ve to, okay?”
Jason silently prayed that Rayne was single and he could spend the rest of his life with her, because he didn’t know what he would do, if he truly had to let her go.

Coming Soon from Red Rose Publishing
www.redrosepublishing.com

No comments: